“Dog Days of Summer” (English title) or “Heat Advisory” (literal title) is a TV movie directed by Jang Min-Seok and written by Choi Yi-Kyung. It was aired on KBS2 network in South Korea. The movie consists of 1 episode and falls under the genres of Life and Drama. It was released on November 11, 2023, and has a runtime of 45 minutes, airing on Saturday nights at 22:45. The movie is in the Korean language and is set in South Korea.
|Dog Days Of Summer / Heat Advisory
|No. of Episodes
|November 11, 2023
Dog Days of Summer (2023): Story
“The Dog Days of Summer” is an interesting story about a group of 14-year-olds who go through the rough stages of puberty in Daegu in 2002, during the hot summer that happened to coincide with the FIFA World Cup. The story is set against the backdrop of this important sports event and looks into the lives of these young teens as they deal with the problems and changes that come with their bodies growing up.
The city of Daegu, which is famous for its extreme heat, represents the strong heat that these teens feel inside. As the temperature outside rises, so do their feelings, wants, and worries. The story shows how complicated puberty can be by showing how their relationships grow, how they learn about themselves, and the many problems they face at this important point in their lives.
In this lively and active group of friends, Ji-hoon is introduced as a shy and quiet boy who is having trouble figuring out how to feel about his new feelings for his best friend Soo-jin. Ji-hoon has to face his fears and find the courage to talk about how he feels as he explores the new area of romantic feelings.
At the same time, Soo-jin, a young girl who is very independent and full of energy, is torn between what society wants her to do and what she wants to do. As she learns more about her sexuality, she has to deal with the prejudice and judgment of those around her. In the end, she learns to accept herself as she really is.
The story also introduces us to Min-woo, a skilled soccer player whose changes during puberty are getting in the way of her dreams of becoming a professional athlete. Min-woo has to find the strength to keep going after his love even though he is dealing with problems like competition, friendship, and his own identity.
“The Dog Days of Summer” brings together themes of love, friendship, self-acceptance, and the battle that everyone goes through as they grow up. It really shows what summer 2002 was like by putting the audience right into the exciting energy of the World Cup and looking at the heat that’s inside each of these young characters. Their shared experiences teach them important lessons about being strong, accepting others, and the power of being themselves. This is a coming-of-age story that can connect with people of all ages.
Dog Days of Summer (2023): Cast
#1) Moon Woo-Jin as Kim Yi-Joon (Instagram)
Moon Woo-Jin is a South Korean actor born on February 19, 2009, in Incheon, Korea . For his roles in different TV shows and movies, he has become well-known. Moon Woo-Jin has been in great movies like “The Devil Judge” (2021), “Peninsula” (2020), “Life on Mars” (2018), “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” (2020), and “The King: Eternal Monarch” (2020).
#2) Park Seo-Kyung as Han Yeo-Reum (Instagram)
Park Seo-Kyung (born October 18, 2009) is a South Korean actress who made her acting debut in the 2019 television series “Possessed”. Park Seo-Kyung is also mentioned as an actress known for her roles in “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay” (2020) and “True Beauty” (2020).
- Heo Dong-Won as Kim Yi-Joon’s father
- Choi Hyun-Jin as Jung Ji-Wook
- Jung Hee-Tae as Kim Yi-Joon’s uncle
- Kim Ji-Sung as Kim Yi-Joon’s aunt
- Kim Kwang-Kyu as Principal
Why I Watch This Special KBS Drama?
Here are some reasons why “Dog Days Of Summer (2023)” might be a good drama:
- Engaging Plot: The story is about a group of 14-year-olds in Daegu who are going through the problems that come with being a teenager during the hot summer of 2002, which happened to be the World Cup. This one-of-a-kind setting and plot could make for an interesting story that keeps people interested.
- Relatable Characters: The drama’s characters are going through things that all teenagers go through, like puberty, finding out who you are, and the complicated parts of being a teenager. For a lot of people, this can help the figures connect with them.
- Strong Themes: The drama looks at love, friendship, accepting yourself, and how hard it is to grow up. These ideas can hit home with viewers and make them think and talk.
- Historical Background: The drama takes place during the 2002 World Cup, which was a big event in South Korea’s past. This gives the story and characters more meaning by giving them a rich historical background.
- Emotional Depth: As the characters deal with the problems that come with being a teenager, the drama can explore a lot of different feelings. This can draw viewers in and keep them interested in the story.
- Cultural Insight: Viewers can learn about Korean culture, society, and history through the show, which takes place in Daegu, South Korea.
- Coming-of-Age Story: The drama is a coming-of-age story, which is a popular type of story because it’s about growth, change, and finding out who you are.