Rosalía Vila Tobella is a Spanish singer, musician, producer, and actress who goes by the name Rosalía. She was born in Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain, on September 25, 1992.
Roselía became famous for changing the sounds of flamenco, a traditional Spanish art form based on folk music and often combining it with hip-hop. People have called her a “atypical pop star” because of the different kinds of songs she makes.
Rosalía became interested in Spanish folk music when she was 13. She went on to study musicology at the Catalonia College of Music and played at parties and music bars. She became famous all over the world with her record “El Mal Querer,” which mixed flamenco with pop and hip-hop to make it sound new.
Hit songs like “Malamente” and “Pienso en Tu Mirá” came from the album, which also got good reviews. The Latin Grammy Award for Album of the Year went to Rosalía, and Rolling Stone named it one of the 500 best albums of all time.
Rosalía Vila Tobella Bio Profile
|Rosalía Vila Tobella
|Date of Birth
|September 25, 1992
|Sant Esteve Sesrovires, Spain
|Approximately 165.5 cm (5 feet 5 inches)
|Approximately 55 kg
|Studied musicology at the Catalonia College of Music
|Flamenco-infused pop with influences of hip-hop and electronic music
|Estimated $49 million
|Mother: María Pilar Tobella Aguilera – Father: José Manuel Vila – Sister: Pilar “Pili” Vila Tobella
|Rumored to have been romantically linked to Rauw Alejandro
Rosalia Early Life and Education
- Rosalía began her musical training at the Taller de Músics, attending the academy for a six-year program.
- At the age of 15, she appeared on the talent-scouting program “Tú Sí Que Vales,” where she sang “Como En Un Mar Eterno” by Hanna.
- Rosalía gained international recognition with her album “El Mal Querer,” which reimagined flamenco by mixing it with pop and hip-hop music.
- The album featured hit singles like “Malamente” and “Pienso en Tu Mirá” and received critical acclaim.
- She has been described as an “atypical pop star” due to her genre-bending musical styles and her ability to balance tradition with iconoclasm.
- Rosalía has collaborated with various artists, including J Balvin and Billie Eilish.
- She has received numerous honors and awards, including two Grammy Awards, eleven Latin Grammy Awards, and four MTV Video Music Awards.
- In 2019, she received the Rising Star Award from Billboard for her contribution to changing the sound of mainstream music with her fresh flamenco-influenced pop.
- Rosalía has been regarded as one of the most popular and significant Spanish vocalists of all time.
- She continues to captivate audiences with her unique style and innovative approach to music.
Rosalia Family and Relationships
In Rosalía’s life, her family is very important. María Pilar Tobella Aguilera and José Manuel Vila, her parents, have been there for her throughout her work. Pilar “Pili” Vila Tobella, her sister, works as her dresser and creative director, but she doesn’t talk about her personal relationships.
Rosalia Age, Height, and Weight
- Rosalía is 30 years old
- Stands at approximately 165.5 centimeters (5 feet 5 inches)
- Weighs around 55 kg.
Rosalia Ethnicity and Personal Background
Her family has roots in both Catalonia and Asturias, which shows that Rosalía is of Spanish descent. The fact that she has Catalan and Asturian roots gives her a more complex personality.
Don’t Miss These
Rosalia Musical Journey
Rosalía’s musical style is a testament to her innovative approach. She has made a sound that doesn’t fit into any one genre by combining traditional flamenco with pop, hip-hop, and computer sounds. Her catchy songs, complex vocal runs, and surprising sound effects show how talented she is as an artist.
Rosalia Rise to Fame
Rosalía first became known in her home country by performing in bars and at parties. Her big break came when “El Mal Querer” came out in 2017. This concept record, which was based on a Catalan novel from the 1300s, looked at love, desire, and women’s empowerment. Rosalía became famous all over the world after her record got good reviews and sold a lot of copies.
Rosalia Critical Acclaim and Accolades
A lot of people love Rosalía because she has a unique sound and is so engaging on stage. With eight Latin Grammy Awards, a Grammy Award, three MTV Video Music Awards, and work with famous artists, she has made a name for herself as a music business leader.
Recent Work by Rosalia
The World Stage and “Motomami” In 2022, Rosalía released “Motomami,” which showed how versatile she was and how ready she was to try out different kinds of music. The record got good reviews, which made her an even bigger pop star around the world. Through her lively live shows on the Motomami World Tour, she was able to connect with people all over the world.
Rosalia Net Worth
Rosalía’s financial success is similar to her artistic success. In 2024, she was believed to have a net worth of $49 million. She is very rich thanks to album sales, streaming income, sold-out world tours, and brand partnerships.
Rosalía’s rise from local performances to global fame shows how talented and creative she is. As long as she keeps pushing the limits of music and redefining pop, her influence on the business and her huge fan base around the world will make her an everlasting music star.