Oshi wo Meshiagare, also known as Oshi wo Meshiagare: Koho Girl no Maroyakana Hibi, is a Japanese television series. The drama is directed by Kenji Katagiri, Yosuke Sato, and Yui Fujita, with Ayako Miyagi as the writer of the novel on which it is based. The series is set to be aired on TV Tokyo, with its release scheduled for January 10, 2024.
The drama will have a runtime of Wednesday 01:00 and will be in the Japanese language. Oshi wo Meshiagare takes place in Japan and explores the daily life of a public relations girl, providing a delightful and mellow narrative.
|Oshi wo Meshiagare
|Kenji Katagiri, Yosuke Sato, Yui Fujita
|Ayako Miyagi (novel), Kumiko Aso, Miyako Hatano
|No. of Episodes
|50 – 60 Minutes (Expected)
|January 10, 2024
|Comedy and Fantasy
Oshi wo Meshiagare (2024): Story
As Yuzu Hodaishi (Riho Sayashi) looked for a good job, she became interested in a book about yogurt and grew to love the bacteria lactobacillus bulgaricus that showed up in it. At the same time, Yuzu Hodaishi sees Satoshi Hashimoto, who is a lactobacillus bulgaricus.
There is an invisible presence that jumps out of the yogurt package and follows her. Yuzu Hodaishi finally gets hired by a food company in Meiwa after looking for work for a year. He is sent to work for the company in Osaka. In the beginning, she works with the staff at the store.
Later, she is moved to the PR department at the Osaka head office. Itsumi Midori (Rio Asumi), who is her boss, works there. Yuzu Hodaishi has a hard time with her job in the PR department and her life in Osaka, which she doesn’t know well. Then she is given the job of writing a story for a magazine about Meiwa Yogurt’s 50th anniversary.
Oshi wo Meshiagare (2024): Cast
#1) Riho Sayashi as Yuzu Hodaishi (Instagram)
Riho Sayashi is a Japanese dancer, actress, and singer. On May 28, 1998, she was born in Hiroshima, Japan. Riho Sayashi belonged to the ninth generation of the Japanese pop group Morning Musume. She has also pursued a solo career, putting out solo albums and photobooks.
Riho Sayashi has gained a following on social media platforms such as Instagram. She has worked on a number of initiatives, such as anchoring an English language teaching TV show on NHK. In Japan, Riho Sayashi is well-known for her skill and services to the entertainment sector.
#2) Rio Asumi as Itsumi Midori (Twitter X)
Rio Asumi is a Japanese actress and former leading otokoyaku (male role) of the Takarazuka Revue. On June 26, 1985, in Shizuoka, Japan, she was born. Rio Asumi has a prosperous history in musical theater and has worked on a number of productions, including plays and television shows. In addition, she has produced DVDs and received praise for her abilities and services to Japan’s entertainment sector.
#3) Satoshi Hashimoto as I (Lactobacillus bulgaricus)
Satoshi Hashimoto is a Japanese actor and voice actor. In Hirakata, Osaka, Japan, on April 26, 1966, he was born. As of right now, he works for the talent agency Cube. Satoshi Hashimoto has made several appearances in animated and live-action films.
In addition to being active in the art and animation departments, he has performed as an actor and voice actor. Among his noteworthy roles are those of Kap-Hwan Kim in “SVC Chaos” and Terry Bogard and Kim Kaphwan in a number of other projects. He played the part of Kamaj in the theatrical version of “Spirited Away” as well.
Why I Watch This TV Series?
- Unique and Whimsical Story: The story “Oshi wo Meshiagare” is one of a kind and funny. It’s about a woman who is crazy about yogurt and the surprising appearance of an invisible lactobacillus bulgaricus.
- Comedy Elements: The comedy is mixed with the drama’s lighthearted and funny premise, making for an entertaining and fun watching experience.
- Fantasy Elements: Adding an unseen lactobacillus bulgaricus to the story gives it a fantasy feel, making it more interesting and creative.
- Relatable Protagonist: The main character, Yuzu Hodaishi, goes through relatable struggles in her search for a job and her adjustment to a new city, making her journey relatable and engaging for viewers.
- Exploration of Osaka: The drama takes place in Osaka, which gives fans a chance to learn about the city’s culture, way of life, and unique features.
- Workplace Dynamics: The story explores the workings of the PR department and Yuzu’s problems at her new job, giving readers a look into the business world and what it’s like to work in a big company.
- Celebration of Meiwa Yogurt: The drama is based on a magazine piece about Meiwa Yogurt’s 50th anniversary, which adds a sense of celebration and shows how important this made-up yogurt brand is to the story.
- Strong Cast: There are some very good actors in the drama, like Riho Sayashi, Rio Asumi, and others. They bring their skills and charm to their parts, which makes the show better overall.
- Light-hearted and Feel-Good: The drama “Oshi wo Meshiagare” sounds like it will be fun and make you feel good. It would be great for people who want to rest and escape reality.